Saturday 1 August 2009

A beautiful day

I think that this is a blue jay, although it's not a very good picture. Will try to get a better one.


This is a chickadee on the feeder which the squirrel hasn't yet managed to find a way to attack it.


Haven't identified this bird yet.
A chipmunk up very close to where I was sitting.


Today was a really lovely day. I did some washing and hung it out to dry, watched the birds in the garden and generally took things easy. Ryan, Pat & I went round to the driving range after Katy had gone to work and Ryan was taking film of Pat hitting the ball, using his new camera. We then went to do some food shopping and got some sting relief gel for the bites on my legs and arms.

Later on the squirrel continued to try and sabotage the bird feeder. I have managed to identify some of the birds in the garden and take a couple of good pictures & lots of blurred ones! I have seen, gray catbirds, blue jays, male & female cardinals, lots of chickadees, american robins and a couple of other species which as yet I haven't managed to identify. I also took some really good pictures of chipmunks which came really close to me when I was sitting out in the garden.

2 comments:

  1. glad the weather is improving for you,I don't know about Pat's golf as I am not an expert on that, how did he rate himself after watching the video? We had a nice time at the garden party we ended up in the house as it was raining,we had lot's of interesting food ,it was what we ate in the 40's some one had brought a basin of dripping & some bread that was very popular,my Dad used to like that We all came away with doggie bags Dad got a bowl of jelly with pears. He is demanding his lunch so I had better go and get it ready,I have got ribeye steak be interesting to see if he can get his teeth round that.bfn love to all

    ReplyDelete
  2. first i found this: http://massbird.org/ccbc/FeederCensusRemarks2007.pdf

    and i used google image search to find pictures of the most popular birds at feeders in this area, which lead me to this:
    http://presidentavenue.com/yardbirds/

    so far today i've seen female house finch, chickadee, gray catbird, crow and tufted titmouse (my favorite so far).

    also... the squirrels did a number on the plastic feeder, so i've made a puzzle for them out of a peanut butter jar filled with seeds and peanut butter (there was just a little bit left) and a few flaps on the side. let's see how they approach that!!

    ReplyDelete