Tuesday, 25 August 2009

Good Bye Cape Cod

Just a few more hours and we will be heading out for the airport. Ryan and Katy are both taking us, and we are going to stop for something to eat on the way. We have checked in online and now just want the journey to be over and arrive back home safe and sound. We have had a great time, but all good things must come to an end.


  1. I wish you hadn't started to tear up at the airport! it's hard enough to see you go, but I was nearly in tears too by the time I got back in the car!!

    I'm looking forward to planning our next trip to England in the Spring to see you again.

    Also, I wanted to thank you so much, as always, for doing all the laundry!! ^_^ as well as all the other great things you do for the house and for us while you're here. We love having you around, just to be around you. The projects are always an added benifit.

    So much love to you both, hope you had a safe journey.

    Keep up your blog (perhaps put up a few recipes?) and I promise to leave comments.

    ♥ katy

  2. Thanks for your lovely comments Katy. As you can see we have got the internet sorted and are back online. Back to reality, with work to sort out, lawns to mow etc. Everything was fine at home, all nice and tidy. Julie from over the road had managed to keep all my plants alive and as I had done all my washing before we left, that was sorted so it was just a matter of putting everything away. We had a little problem with Pat's car but that is sorted now as well.
    It was raining as we touched down in Birmingham and the immigration hall was like something out of Ellis Island when all the immigrants were arriving from abroad! Hundreds of people queuing up! I've never seen anything like it in England. One little American woman was having a right go at the female immigration officer who was dealing with her, and as we eventually got through we saw her coming out of a little side room. She'd obviously been taken off to be given a reprimand. If she'd done that in the states she's have probably been put on a plane and sent back! We stayed up until about 10.15pm and then slept until 11 this morning. Don'tfeel too bad.
    Well must go now and run a few errands!